One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Details of overseas education
Mohd Salman profile image Mohd Salman Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Good Evening, I have completed my graduation in bachelors of commerce with computer application. Therefore, I'm planning for my overseas education, preferably U.K and Canada. Masters in Finance is the course that I planned to pursue. I secured; 73% in 10th and 88.7 in +2 (was awarded scholarship) 70+ in (John Colony scholarships fund U.S.) I need some details about best universities in world as the universities too play a vital role for job prospects. I need information regarding the best colleges and also the country where jobs prospect is easy along with P.R. option and also where I can get scholarship. Will be waiting for your suggesting.
  • May 09, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Congratulations on completing your Bachelors with good grades and also for the scholarship you have received during this period. 

I believe you BCom is a 15 years education (12+3) and hence you will find better acceptability with UK Universities for Masters in Finnce. Most ranked universities in Canada need 16 years of education. 

As your preference is for ranked universities in UK or Canada, you will need two to five years of work experience at managerial level. Scholarships are extremely difficult in these top ranked universities as there is good level of competition for admission. 

Hence it will be difficult to match all your requirements and find a good match of universities for you.

For ranking reference of UK Universities you could check:

1. The complete university guide

2. The Guardian - University guide 

3. The Times Good University guide

For Canada University ranking you could check

1. The US News Ranking

2. Gourman Report Ranking

3. MacLeans Ranking

I am more biased towards USA for scholarships as I find more USA Universities offering scholarship to merit international students. However, full scholarship for MBA/MS in Finance is difficult and you should be ready to accept partial scholarship. Even in USA getting scholarship from top ranked universities is extremely difficult. Partial scholarship is available in UK Universities for your program. You need to take GMAT and score well in most ranked universities. Scholarship in general is based on your GMAT score and your overall profile besides documents like SOP, Essays, Interview, etc.

All the Best!

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Details of overseas education'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.