One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Dilemma in choosing a course
Danny George Danny George Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I have B.Tech degree in ECE, I wish to do a Post graduation in Network engineering. La Trobe has P.G in Telecommunication & Network engineering, I went through the course subjects, Its seems to be more theoretical/concept and less Industry oriented . Whereas Swinburne University has a P.G called Master of engineering science (Network Systems and Telecommunications), the course content at Swinburne, seems to be more Industry oriented (like technologies used by Cisco & Microsoft). I do not wish to pursue a Teaching profession, and am planning to work in the Industry. Also I'm more inclined towards La Trobe, as I feel having a strong concept based learning would be helpful in the long run. So comparing these two courses, is the one at swinburne more advantageous/valued in the eyes of an employer ? Your suggestions and opinion will be immensely helpful in making my decision. Thank You
  • March 24, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Dear Danny, Both La Trobe and Swinburne are good and highly rated Universities in Australia.  In general most courses offerred in Australia are not just Concept or theoretical based. Universities colloborate with Industry and runs programs in tune with the needs of the industry. 

So in general, you need to choose a program based on the program content and select a program which is in tune with your future goals. But if you have any doubts, get in touch with a few students who study in both Universities and seek advice. Use social media to get connected to students of these Universities and I am sure you will be able to take a call. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Dilemma in choosing a course'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.