One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Does an apprenticeship count as Work Experience.?
Sharukh Koshy profile image Sharukh Koshy Member Join date: Nov, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Hey,

I have just completed my B.tech Mechanical and I have an offer from Saint Gobain. It is an apprenticeship program however with the possibility of becoming a permanent employee at the end of 1 year.

I'm looking to do my higher studies(haven't entirely decided on a Masters or an MBA), but with this in mind will this 1 year as an Apprentice count as Work experience as well or do universities not consider it as proper Work Ex.

Thank you for your help.

• November 04, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Vocational/Career-based | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Navdeep Kaur Navdeep Kaur Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 54 Points: 785

Dear Sharukh,

Greetings from Hotcourses!

First of all Congratulations on getting an offer from Saint Gobain. Your apprenticeship will be counted as an internship but not as a proper work however as you will be gaining experience from the employer so many Universities will count it as your work-ex. Also I would like to suggest you that you should go for MS in Mechanics it self as it will give a very good post studies options. Also you can start applying to the Universities right away for Fall 2015 as work ex is not required for masters though it can add up to your profile.

For more information you can email me your cv at navdeep.kaur@hotcourses.co.in and get yourself resgistered on our website www.hotcoursesabroad.com/india/

Or you can also call us at 011-49196912

Kind Regards,

Team Hotcourses

Add a quick reply to 'Does an apprenticeship count as Work Experience.?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.