One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Does MBA and MSc on marketing mean the same thing?
Aurick Nayan Ghosh profile image Aurick Nayan Ghosh Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I’m confused whether or not an MBA or Msc holds the same priority. If so what is the scope I have after I complete my B.Tech degree and pursue with MBA?
  • August 08, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi, an MBA is a general business degree training students for top level management positions up to CEO or for those with entrepreneurial objectives of starting their own business. An Msc is a specialized degree in a particular field, training students for top level staff and research positions who prefer not to get into general management.

An MBA with B.Tech graduates have  plenty of job opportunities in government and as well as private sector jobs. So, MBA with B.Tech graduates have the first preference. And you have specializations like Finance, Accounts, Marketing, Information Systems, Human Resource courses which has the best career in front.

With an M.Tech degree you would definitely get weightage over a B.Tech in which ever organization you apply.  For M. Tech some of the branches include information security, engineering materials, vibration analysis, hydro, environment, and geotechnical. You also have structural engineering, power systems, electrical drivers, digital communication, and microwave millimeter.

It is based on your interest, what you want to be in future.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'Does MBA and MSc on marketing mean the same thing?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.