One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 64 posts
Will my Backlogs affect my admissions into Universities in USA?
Hema Sai Charan Kothamasu profile image Hema Sai Charan Kothamasu Member Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 8 Points: 72

Hi,

My name is Sai Charan, I done my B.Tech in 2013 with 60.71% & having a backlogs of 10 ( all cleared ) & other 2 backlogs were exempted by my University as per their rules of JNTUK. As per the rules of my University they finalized & declared the Credits 216 out 224. So they must remove the 2 least subjects whether he/she pass or Fail in exam, 2 subjects must be removed for those 8 Credits. In that case they removed my 2 uncleared backlogs from those exempted credits. So as per JNTUK rules they Consider only 10 dead backlogs for 216 Credits. So now im taking my GRE coaching & im planning for MS in US for Fall intake 2015. So please help me to get an Admit in US best Universities in Texas state for Computer Engineering.  So, please tell me when i should i want to take my GRE exam for Fall intake & HOW much score should i want to score to get an Admit in US Universities.

Thank you.

• September 03, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (64)

Navdeep Kaur Navdeep Kaur Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 54 Points: 785

Dear Sai,

Greetings from Hotcourses!

As you have cleared your backlogs there wont be any problem in applying to Universities! We can surely get you the list of universities where you can apply, along with that we will send you all the Course requirements also.

About the GRE it is advised to score min.310-320 out of 340. We Advise you to write the earliest to apply application on time.

Please notice you have to appear for TOEFL test as well in which you should score min. 90IBT.

I would ask you to get yourself registered on our website www.hotcoursesabroad.com to keep receiving process/overseas education updates!

Or you may contact us at 011-49196912 for any other clarifications.

Kind Regards,

Navdeep Kaur

Team Hotcourses!

Hema Sai Charan Kothamasu profile image Hema Sai Charan Kothamasu Member Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 8 Points: 72

what about my 2 Uncleared backlogs that the University has been exempted. So is that a problem that if those subjects was not considered in those total credits. Please clarify this doubt clearly. Now, im planning my GRE exam in November is that Ok for Fall intake Admission.

Hi Hema,

If those backlogs have been exempted by your university then there is no problem but it will be appreaciated if it is in written by your University.

You are advised to apply for GRE and TOEFL as soon as posible so that you are on time to apply your application for Fall 2015 intake.

For further information you can also get yourself registered on our website www.hotcoursesabroad.com/india/

Kind Regards,

Navdeep Kaur

Team Hotcourses

Thanks for kind information Ms.Navdeep Kaur. Presently my GRE coaching is also not yet completed & presently im at hospital because my leg was fractured. So, im preparing for my GRE on my own & im trying to write my GRE in November 1st week & TOEFL in month ending of the November. So can i start my procedure for Fall intake in Decemeber 2nd week is it good time to start or not. Please tell me Navdeep Kaur & what is the charges for US processing by you.....

My pleasure Hema,

I am sorry about your leg fracture, I wish you speedy recovery.

I would suggest, if you want to apply for A, A+ universities you should apply by November or December latest of the previous year. It is advised to apply 9-10 months prior to you willing intake.

I wish you good luck for your Exams. Meanwhile you can forward me your documents at navdeep.kaur@hotcourses.co.in. I would also like to answer your question that we don't have any consultancy charges, all we need is a sincere student. There will only be University application charges applicable which will be Non-Refundable and that varied from USD$50-$100 (Universities - Universities)

If you have any query you can also contact me at 011-49196912.

Wish you all the best.

Kind Regards,

Navdeep Kaur

Team Hotcourses.

Add a quick reply to 'Will my Backlogs affect my admissions into Universities in USA?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.