One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Dual Masters from UK and CANADA?
Animesh Jain profile image Animesh Jain Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
I am planning to go for my masters in Telecommunication from Staffordshire University, UK and after that I wish to do masters in Engineering Management from Canada. I wanted to know that going for a dual masters will be how much beneficial for my career. Will it give me a boost or shall I stick to just one master?
  • July 10, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Staffordshire is a good University in UK and I would suggest you to do your first Masters, work for a while, gain experience and then contemplate whether you need a second Masters at all. Once you gain experience, you will have the knowledge to pursue the right Masters in the right country, right domain and at that stage you can also contemplate doing a Part time Masters. 

My suggestion to you will be not to look too far ahead and just look at doing your first Masters well and also to seek a right employment based on your first Masters. If you gain a few years of experience, you can also seek to apply for Skilled Migrant Visa to Canada. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Selvin Noel David Selvin Noel David Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 7 Points: 70 Trusted Advisor

It is interesting to note that you want to do your second Masters in Engineering Management. As pointed out in the earlier answer I would also suggest that you work for some time before thinking about your second Masters degree. In your work you would learn some practical aspects of Management and you would understand the basics of management through your work. So you would practically learn Engineering Management principles and would use them on a day-to-day basis.

After doing so if you still think that a second Masters in Engineering Management would assist you in your career growth then do one at that time. 

All the best to you in your overseas endeavour.

Selvin Noel David | Counsellor Overseas Education

Add a quick reply to 'Dual Masters from UK and CANADA?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.