One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Eligibility criteria for MS-Computer Science in Singapore,Sweden, Canada,Australia
Ashok Saravanen profile image Ashok Saravanen Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I would like to do MS in Computer Science stream in any one of the above mentioned countries. Can you please fill me with details about the total cost or package that takes to complete the course in the respective countries and the eligibility criteria. I would be great if you guide me through the process.
  • March 25, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi Saravanan, In general, most MS Computer Science programs requires a good first class degree in UG degree to qualify. Though some Universities in Singapore and Sweden might reuqire about 80% plus to qualify. Some Universities require GRE and some do not require. I would advise you to prepare for GRE and score atleast 300 plus. 

In Singapore, James Cook University offers a good course in MS IT and the course fees will be in the range of about 11 to 12 lakhs, plus cost of living of about 3 lakhs.  National University of Singapore and Nangyang Tech University, both offers good MS IT programs but you need very high marks to apply. 

In Australia, there are several good Universities which offer CS like University of Sydney, Wollongong, Melbourne, etc. The cost of education in Australia will be in the range of about 10 to 12 lakhs per year and normally it is a 1.5 to 2 year course and so should budget about 20 to 22 lakhs to complete a Masters in Australia. You also wrould need IELTS to go to Australia but GRE is not reuqired.

I would advise you to sit for a counselling session with a International education Consultant and seek advice.  

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi Ashok,
All universities have their own entry requirements for admissions, for to apply in Sweden you much have a good bachelors degree with IELTS/TOEFL  score. There are many universities offering PG Computer Science courses.
To study in Canada, students must meet certain academic requirements as well as providing proof of finances and health. In Canada, nearly every university and college has their own, individual admission requirements. Qualifications from different countries are recognised differently in each province and institution.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'Eligibility criteria for MS-Computer Science in Singapore'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.