One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Eligibilty For Business Administration MBA (Full Time) at university of oxford
Proshanto Kumar profile image Proshanto Kumar Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Sir, I am a chartered accountant, with a experience of 5.6 years now, with a reputed company in India. I have completed my graduation with Bachelor of commerce (Hons.) with 62% and secured 59.65% with Science in 12th Class boards with C.B.S.E. As I went on to the Oxford university,as per their requirements they say, one needs undergraduate degree or equivalent with a 2.1 degree (GPA 3.5 or its equivalent). My question to you is, will I be able to get admission in oxford with my grades of percentage? If yes, what do steps do I need to do take in order to get the admission at university of Oxford? If no, then which are the best next universities available as options matching my qualification, for MBA? I will be very obliged to have received your earliest response, for the same Thank You Proshanto Kumar
  • March 25, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

The calculation of GPA is given below.  And Oxford University requires a good undergraduate degree or equivalent is usually required to pursue an MBA. Applicants who do not hold such a qualification may be considered if they have a very strong employment record demonstrating a high degree of responsibility, all candidates are required to take the GMAT test. GMAT scores will not be valid if they are more than five years old on the application deadline date of the stage in which you are applying. And IELTS of 7.0 is required.
The university does not  have a minimum requirement for work experience, but most of the  students who apply have more than three years work experience. Since you have a  5.6 yrs of good work experience, you can still apply and try. All the best.
62 percent = 3.2 GPA
63 percent = 3.3 GPA
64 percent = 3.4 GPA
65 percent = 3.5 GPA
66 percent = 3.5 GPA
67 percent = 3.5 GPA
68 percent = 3.5 GPA
69 percent = 3.5 GPA
70 percent = 3.5 GPA

All the best..

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'Eligibilty For Business Administration MBA (Full Time) at university of oxford'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.