One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
Eligible in decent colleges with 470 GMAT score and 3.5 yrs experience?
Somyata Sharma Somyata Sharma Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have got a 470 score in GMAT. I know its very less . i was aiming for 600-650 to get into California state universities for doing an MBA course, but now i dont know what to do. Will this score get me into decent university? also i have a 3.5 years of work experience as Sr QA Engineer.Now m not willing to give GMAT again as my confidence have gone down. Please help.
  • November 24, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (3)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Somyata,

You should be able to get admission in decent (top 100) universities in USA with your 3.5 years of management work experience even with your low GMAT score. It will be important for you to work on your other documents like SOP, LOR, ESSAYS, etc to prove your eligibility. All the best!

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Unnat Dhawan Unnat Dhawan Member Join date: Nov, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 20

hii richard,

With such low marks dont u think that the rejection rate will be very high. And the SOP and LOR can be made how much good to overshadow these marks.

Unnat Dhawan Unnat Dhawan Member Join date: Nov, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 20

hii richard ,

I am waiting for your reply.

Add a quick reply to 'Eligible in decent colleges with 470 GMAT score and 3.5 yrs experience?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.