One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
How to study engineering abroad with scholarships? What score should I get?
Arijit Deb profile image Arijit Deb Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi I am Arijit deb from Bangalore, India. I did my diploma in mechanical engineering from my country under state technical board.... Is it possible for me to do b.tech in Mechanical engineering from prestigious Universities of UK, USA and Australia.... If so then I will be very happy if you kindly share the procedure or the result (in IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent) I need to score to achieve a scholarship that could fund my living, accommodation and fees... Thanking you
  • October 20, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Arijit,

Good Morning!

Please find scholarship details on UNIGURU website. I find getting full scholarship which covers tuition, accommodation and living expenses is difficult at undergraduate level (Bachelors degree). You will have to take SAT I (Scholastic Aptitude Test I) and score above 2300/2400 for a good scholarship. In few universities SAT II (Subject test) could be requirement as well.

Try to target universities ranked below 50 for scholarship purpose. Scholarship is based on funding available with the university. It is better if during pre-application research you try to find about scholarship from universities.

You will have to meet all the admission requirement of universities you decide to apply and need to check individual university website for it. Each university in USA is independent and hence admission and scholarship parameters need to be checked.

Apply a year in advance as early deadlines i.e., Sept/Oct'13 to 15th  January'14 are scholarship deadlines for FALL 2014 (August/Sepetember 2014) intake.

Thank you.

Regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'How to study engineering abroad with scholarships? What score should I get?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.