One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Fees for direct phd programmes in US
Somdatta Ghosh Somdatta Ghosh Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
is it possible to go to usa for ph.d programme in microbiology as a research fellow? then will i have to pay the tuition fees as i'll be getting fellowship there? please reply. will gre, gre subject tests and toefl be enough for this?
  • October 26, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Biruda Virkud Biruda Virkud Contributor Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 39 Points: 480 Trusted Advisor

Dear Somdatta 

Thank you for your query

Good to know that you are looking for a PHD in Microbilogy - it is a fascinating field to do reaseach

As you have rightly mentioned the entrance test requirements for PHD 

i.e GRE general test can be taken by September in the previous year prior to the applicaton intake ,followed by TOEFL test which is the language test and the Cell Biology or Biology Subject test conducted in Nov or Dec every year 

Admission and scholarships for PHD applicants are based on merit and the funds for the research area with the concerned faculty - hence getting a profile evaluation from them before you send the application is beneficial to bag any assistantships 

Fellowships are also available in exceptional cases but are typically reserved for Post doc research 

These fellowships cover the entire cost of the course.

Hope this answers your query 

All the best 

Biruda Virkud 

Admisison Advisor

Biruda Virkud | iGrad Global

Add a quick reply to 'Fees for direct phd programmes in US'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.