One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Evaluate my profile and list the universities please.
Lavanya P profile image Lavanya P Member Join date: Nov, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Want to apply for fall 14, MS in VLSI design (US) GRE 300 ( q-159, v-141 ,awa-3) TOEFL yet to recieve result UG 84.53 percent (topper of college) PUC 84.67 10th 88.43 one major project in VLSI attended seminars and training in VLSI good extra curricular activities. with this profile please suggest the list of universities i could apply to. thank you in advance.
  • November 16, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10665 Trusted Advisor

Master of Science in VLSI (MS in VLSI) is a most demanding major offered by US Schools.Iowa State University of Science and Tech,State University of New York at Binghamton,State University of New York at Buffalo,Syracuse University,Texas A&M University,The University of Texas at Austin,The University of Texas at Dallas, University of South Florida and lot more universities you can fine in uniguru website.

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert
Biruda Virkud Biruda Virkud Contributor Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 39 Points: 480 Trusted Advisor

Dear Lavnya

Greetings from Uniguru 

Thank you for your query .

Good to know that you have decided to pursue a MS in USA and have also narrowed down the specializaton as VLSI

Deciding on the colleges to apply to is an important juncture in the college admission process. It starts with careful assessment of where you are and what do you realistically expect to achieve.

From your profile , I can see that you have great academics , projects and seminars relate to VLSI , your GRE score is also competitive , as such US universities base their admission and scholarship decision on the basis the overall student profile which is academics, GRE score and Co- curricular activites , hence I feel you have a good chance to secure admission in reputed US universities for VLSI , you can aim the ones which have January 1st deadlines .

Here are a few I would recommend you to apply to:

University of Southern California -Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (VLSI Design) 

Illinois Institute of Technology -Master of VLSI and Microelectronics 

Polytechnic Institute of Nyu -Master of Science in Computer Engineering - Digital VLSI Design 

University of Central Florida -MS in Computer Engineering - Computer Systems and Very Large Scale Integration (CS/VLSI) 

Do note that, The Uniguru website has an extensive library of career related articles and videos. 

If you want to gain in depth knowledge about a career or course, universities and admission process, we suggest you to refer the website closely

We hope the above information has helped you achieve clarity with regards to your query.

Also, feel free to write to us if you have any further queries. 

Biruda Virkud

Admisison Advisor

Biruda Virkud | iGrad Global

Add a quick reply to 'Evaluate my profile and list the universities please.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.