One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Exact scholarship for me after MBA ?
Adan Thakur profile image Adan Thakur Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
I am 23 years old male from India. My qualifications- 1. BBA 2. Diploma in Animation 3. Pursuing MBA in HR I am skilled in Photoshop, After Effects and Video editing. I want to make my carrier in Hollywood. Please suggest me with some reasonable education programs or courses, I can join through scholarship . Mention me with the fee structure of the course suitable to my interests, education background and carrier orientation. My MBA will be over next year. Please make a serious note about all my queries?
  • March 10, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, To do a MBA in USA, you need a good GMAT score of 550 and above. Your interest seems to be in Media and Animation. So you can choose to do a Master of Science program or an MBA in Media Management. Digipen in USA is a good institution for Games design and Animation related course. 

As far as scholarships are concerned, it is far and few for MBA as well for Animation programs. You should be prepared to spend on an average about 25,000 $ ( 10 to 12 lakhs) per year as fees plus living expenses to Pursue a good Masters program in USA. The other alternative is to look at some Diploma or P.G.Diploma courses in New Zealand which could be a 1 to 2 year program on Animation or Visual graphics. The cost will be in the range of about 10 to 12 lakhs for the entire course. You can try the following colleges, Universal College of learning and Eastern Institute of Technology. Both offer courses in Animation. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

You have completed your BBA, Diploma in Animation, and MBA in HR and have skills in the areas of Photoshop, after effects and video editing. As you wish to pursue a career in Hollywood, you could pursue degree program or certificate program in USA preferably in California in areas like Video, Film Production or pursue Games Designing or Animation and Special Effects. You could also do courses in 3D Animation or Digital Editing. There are few universities which offer certificate courses of 9 months with OPT (Optional Practical Training). The OPT certificate courses allow student to find a job in USA within one year period which will qualify them for work visa for additional 3 years. If cost is not constrain than I will suggest you to pursue Masters in Fine Arts in any of the above majors in USA. I hope these options provide you an opportunity to work in Hollywood.
The cost of certificate program of 9 months in USA will be around 7 to 9 lacs which include tuition, accommodation and living. The per year total cost of degree program (normally 2 years) will be around 12 to 18 lacs.
Scholarship chances will be limited and you need to check the same from individual university of your choice.

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Exact scholarship for me after MBA ?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.