One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Find PhD in Biotechnology Abroad
Shubham Misra profile image Shubham Misra Member Join date: Dec, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am Shubham Misra, a Student of Amity University, Noida pursuing B.Tech + Biotechnology (dual degree) course. I am in my final semester and next year in 2014, I want to apply for PhD in the field of life science/ biotechnology, from reputed universities abroad. So, kindly tell me the procedure to search for the right university in right country for this particular field. Also I would like to know the Scholarship options for my PhD program and the tests I would have to take for my English language proficiency (if any). Although my entire academic education is done in English medium only .I am studying with a GPA of 8.38 and I am a merit scholarship holder. Please reply to the queries mentioned above and oblige me.
  • December 19, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10665 Trusted Advisor

You need to prepare a research proposal prior starting your admission process, once you are done with your research proposal, you need to short list universities where your research can be done, you will be able to get the details on ongoing research on the University website. You need to send your research proposal to the professors, on acceptance you will be asked to complete application. 

Scholarship options for PhD is highly competitive however you have an option to work there as Research assistant - RA, teaching assistant - TA. These options are high on reaching University. 

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'Find PhD in Biotechnology Abroad'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.