One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Finding jobs in Singapore after MBA from James Cook University Singapore.
Sandhya Jaiprakash Sandhya Jaiprakash Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am planning to do MBA in Human Resource Management from JCU Singapore. I have total 9+years of work experience. I am B.A graduate in Psychology, Mass media communication & English Literature. At the end of my MBA what chances do I stand to get a job immediately after my graduation from JCU? I read somewhere that JCU does not offer placement assistance is that true? Do they conduct career fairs? If yes what is the intake percentage of Indian students to work within Singapore or anywhere across the world?
  • April 11, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Singapore

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi Sandhya, Singapore still takes in lots of foreign talent and allows them to stay and get Permanent Residency. James Cook University is a Publicly funded Australian University and the Singapore campus offers the same quality offerred in Australia. 

Unlike Universities in India, where there are campus interviews, most Institutions do Job fairs on campus where firms set up facility to collect interested students data and do interviews. 

The general sucess rate of Employment in Singapore is in the range of 80 plus percentage and with your 9 years work experience as a additional advantage, you stand a good chance of making it to a good firm. But it will finally boil down to your expertise and the firms expectations and there is no definite asnwer for your query. But you should feel confident that 80% of the students find employment in Singapore. But it is always your call. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Finding jobs in Singapore after MBA from James Cook University Singapore.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.