One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Please provide me some funding advice to study in good colleges in the USA
Rohan Nanda Rohan Nanda Member Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

hey guys,

I am planning on doing my undergraduate studies in the usa. i want to apply and get into top colleges in the us like caltech or nyu or berkeley or georgia tech unversity. Maybe even stanford. I know this is very expensive especially for an indian student due to the high excheange rates!!.. therfore i would very much appreciate any tips or even a detailed report on funding my studies and first of all getting into such esteemed universities!..any advice or even a small tip would help me a lot!!

thank you guys in advance,

• June 28, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Dr. Shakil Khan Dr. Shakil Khan Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 1135 Trusted Advisor

Refering to the people who you are seeking advise from as 'Hey Guys' is considered very rude. Foreigners often pick-up this kind of trash from movies, but it is not appropriate in academic world - which is still very formal and conservative. I would suggest never ever to address someone at a university as 'guys' - your letter will end up in the garbage bin.

Nevertheless, if you are looking for undergraduate program at top universities, you need to be a 'top' student. Unless you secure 'TOP' marks in IELTS and in your high school, don't even think about getting into a 'TOP' college.

Few universities may offer you scholarship or financial aid but again it depends upon what you bring to the table.

Dr. Shakil Khan | Dominican International Institute

Add a quick reply to 'Please provide me some funding advice to study in good colleges in the USA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.