One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
GMAT necessity for hospitality MBA admission
Gokhan Yanikoglu profile image Gokhan Yanikoglu Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I have a quick question for you. I have been working in hospitality industry for over five years and got my bachelor degree in the same domain. I am nowadays gearing up for the GMAT exam but it seems little bit tough for me to get a reliable score from it. My desired school is Johnson and Wales University and I heard that it has quite less selective admission process compared to other school. What would you suggest me under this circumstance? I did my management training in USA where I spent total of 3 years as a J1 trainee.
  • June 22, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Johnson and Wales University is considered to be a good University for Hotel Management and is known for its good relationships with Hospitality Industry. You can also try and look at other schools like Cornell or University of Nevada if you manage to score atleast 600 plus in GMAT. 

But a minimum score of 550 in GMAT  is essential to make it to most good Universities in USA. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Sasidharan Nambiar Sasidharan Nambiar Expert Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 130 Points: 1935 Trusted Advisor

Good Morning.You can attempt GMAT as you are already preparing for it.In JWU  you actually do not need GMAT for MBA, since you are from the same field . I hope you have 70% in your U.G.

Sasidharan Nambiar | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'GMAT necessity for hospitality MBA admission'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.