One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
I got rejected I still have a chance?
Akshay Bhardwaj Akshay Bhardwaj Member Join date: Dec, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0

I got rejected under 214b as i think i told my parents annual income 5lacs only and i applied for stratford university,VA,USA. Now i want to go with the i20 of SMU for MSIEM program. Can i get the visa now if i say annual income as nearly 20 lacs and i have got a loan approval of 10 lacs?also can u tell me the ranking of smu?Please reply asap.

• June 04, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Akshay,

I wish to clear couple of your misunderstandings. 

First, 214b means that you are a potential immigrant to USA and hence your visa has been rejected. Hence you need to prove why you are a good student for USA study.

Second, You have to state facts, if you have once stated to the visa officer that your parents income is 5 lacs, it will not be right to change the same to 20 lacs in your second visa attempt. Misrepresentation of facts leads to visa refusal.

However, it does not mean that you have no chance of getting your student visa again. You need to be confident and prove to the visa officer that you are a genuine student and have done good research before selecting the course. You also need to answer on why you have changed your university preference and on your parents income?

If you are clear in your thoughts and if you could answer visa officer questions confidently than you have good chance of getting your visa in your second attempt. 

SMU as per forbes is ranked # 81. It is second tier USA University.  I wish you very best for your second attempt.

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'I got rejected I still have a chance?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.