One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
GRE & GMAT Test Guidance required for me
Ameenullah Sheikh profile image Ameenullah Sheikh Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 3 Points: 0
Hi, please guide me for GRE and GMAT tests. I want to know when these tests are required, from where and how we can attempt for these tests, what are the fees of tests and how to prepare for these please.
  • April 17, 2012

Replies (3)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Dear Student,

GRE is generally meant for students who wishes to go MS programs in Engineering, IT, Sciences, etc and GMAT is meant for students who wishes to pursue Masters in Business programs like MBA or MS in Finance, International Business, Finance, HRM, etc.

Both the tests are quite tough and needs atleast 3 to 4 months preparation to write. I would suggest you to go to a training centre and prepare. Princeton Review, the US based training firm has training centres across the world and check if they have a centre in your city.

For information on these tests, please check out 

and GRE blog section. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) are mostly for students who wish to pursue their studies in USA for their Masters or MBA courses. GRE test is required for non-management related courses and GMAT for management related courses. If you wish to pursue UG degree program in USA than you require SAT I (Scholastic Aptitude Test I) test to be taken. For other countries normally these test are not required and individual university research is needed to know the standardized test requirement.

As suggested by Mr. Giego, you need to visit the website to know details on these tests. It includes Mathematics, Verbal and Reasoning/Critical writing which requires 3 to 4 month of study preparation.

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Mayank Gupta Mayank Gupta Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 4 Points: 22

Dear Gigeo Sir and Richard sir,

please guide form where i acn get best study matreial for GMAT prepartion by myself.

Sincere Regards,

Mayank Gupta

Add a quick reply to 'GRE & GMAT Test Guidance required for me'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.