One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
My gre score is low and so is my gpa. Where to go usa or uk? pls help ppl!
Surabhi Srinivasan Surabhi Srinivasan Member Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 0

hello all, I an currently doing my fourth year btech in biotechnology.I first wanted to know, where is masters in biotechnology the best? in europe or usa?

also, what are the exams that we have to give, to apply for a colg in europe? second, my gre score is 290 only. and im yet to write my toefl. my gpa is only 6.3. universities i searched for are asking for min gre score as 293 or more. what do you think? should i regive gre and try? and also.. with this gpa, will i get a university in europe as i have heard that colleges there take students based on their gpa mostly. so what do you guys think. really need help ppl!

will be grateful if you guys help out

thanks

• June 24, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate

Replies (1)

Aditi Jain Aditi Jain Expert Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 49 Points: 745

Dear Surabhi,

Greetings!

Apologies for delay in revert.

Choosing between Uk and USA will depend on couple of factors apart from just the university's entry requirements viz. expenses, course duration, stay back, after course career plans etc. You have rightly said that in Uk the admissions are purely dependent on academics with noneed of GRE. GPA of 6.3 is a pretty decent score and we can work out some good universities options in UK for Masters in Biotechnology. If you are looking for September 2015 intake, you can consider the universities like Oxford Brookes University, Nottingham trent University, Heriot watt university, Greenwich, salford etc.

I will also recommend you to look up at ireland as a study destination option as it is very strong for Biotech related courses.

For more information on the same, you can visit our website https://hotcoursesabroad.com/india and feel free to get back to us for any further queries.

Thanks & Regards

Aditi Jain

The Team- Hot Courses India.

Add a quick reply to 'My gre score is low and so is my gpa. Where to go usa or uk? pls help ppl! '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.