One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Which colleges offer Masters in Petroleum Geology?
Venkat Narayan Venkat Narayan Member Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Hi,

I am final year student of Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad. My branch is 5 yr. Intg. M.Sc. tech in Applied Geology. I am giving my GRE during the last week of August. My CGPA(Absolute GPA) is 7.2. I want to know which universities will I stand a good chance of getting in? I intend to pursue studying Petroleum Geology as it will give a better scope of landing a job in the Oil and Gas Sector. 

I also in dilemma as to should go in for a PhD as I will already posses a Masters in Applied Geology when I graduate next year. Could anyone help me out.

Thanks a lot! :)

Venkat

• September 02, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Nupur Verma Nupur Verma Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 117 Points: 1750

Dear Venkat,

Petroleum zeology is mostly available in Uk & Australia. In USA most of the options are not related to your field. 

Your profile looks good but still assessment is mostly done on the basis of 3 things, academic grades, test results and extracurricular activities. Please provide a little more information about your profile, your core subjects.

You can choose both master's course or master by thesis course and even PhD course. but please note that PhD is not easy to get & you are suppose to submit either a research proposal or if  you have submitted any paper presentation then that can be taken as base.

We have a team of experts, so please visit our website  and request for a call back, or else call at our toll free number 1800 103 9634.

I hope I have clarified some doubts.

Thanks & Regards

NUPUR VERMA

Add a quick reply to 'Which colleges offer Masters in Petroleum Geology?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.