One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 23 posts
GRE score for good scholarship in top 40 universities...
Bheema Abhinav Bheema Abhinav Member Join date: Jan, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 1
Hiii...I am doing my civil engineering in srm university,chennai.Now i am in 3rd year . I hav a 8.56 cgpa. I started preparing for gre..I would like to pursue structures in m.s..pls tell me what are the courses can civil engineering students can pursue in m.s..And tell me how much should i score in gre to get scholarship in top 40 universities...!!??
  • January 09, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (23)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

Dear Bheema Abinav ! You have got a good Academic background. You may have to aim for good GRE score (315+) & TOEFL/IELTS score (100+/ 7+ respectively) to meet the eligibility criteria & secure admission in Top Universities across the globe.
You can aim for Scholarships from Universities for which you need to meet Financial / Round 1 Deadlines.
You can opt for courses like Construction Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Water Resource Engineering, Earthquake Engineering Costal Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Materials Engineering or Urban Engineering.etc…however course selection should depend on your ‘Area of Interest’.
For more information and selection of universities kindly click on the link given below and fill the form so that you can receive call from our Experts to guide you better!

Click here to apply online

Good Luck !

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert
Jeffery Annan profile image Jeffery Annan Member Join date: Dec, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 15

i just completed the university of ghana with a fgpa of 3.23. please tell me which GRE score i need  to secure scholarships among some of the good universities in the USA and other european countries.hoping to get your reply soon.

Ritesh Rangari profile image Ritesh Rangari Member Join date: Dec, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

i have fgpa near about 7...so i would like to know about GRE score so that i will start my hard study....

Jyoti Sharma Jyoti Sharma Expert Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 96 Points: 1610

Dear Ritesh,

Greetings from Hotcourses India.

There are three major sections in GRE i.e. Verbal, Quant and Analytical writing. The told exam would be of 340. 

Hope the above clarifies.

Thanks & Regards,

Hotcourses India

Unnati Gupta profile image Unnati Gupta Member Join date: Mar, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 15

Dear Sir(S) /Mam (m)

I have passed B.TECH (ECE) from VIT Vellure Tamilnadu with 8.5 GPA in 2013 .

Now I am working with Accenture Bangalore As Softwear Engineer since 22nd May 2013 to till now .

I want to join MS -USA through GRE with Good university with Scholarship .

Please tell me about score and System .

With Regards,

Unnati Gupta 

Add a quick reply to 'GRE score for good scholarship in top 40 universities...'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.