One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 10 posts
Guidance for MBA or MS
Karan Bajaj Karan Bajaj Member Join date: Dec, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi , I am a working professional in IT company with 1.5 years of experience. I graduated in 2012 with a CGPA of 6.67 out of 10 point scale. I am not much interested in IT and want to go for MBA in canada or US but due to my less CGPA and work ex , I wont get admission in gud university. So I am very confused about going for GMAT or to go for Some MS course. Please give some advice on how to proceed and what to target. thanks in advance
  • December 18, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (10)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10665 Trusted Advisor

It all depends on what you wish to achieve after your degree. A CGPA of 6.67 is reasonable though not so good. There are many universities in USA that offer MBA admissions with such average scores; however Canada gives more importance to academics. You need to select the university that matches best to your academics profile and financial budget. Then work on the documents such as Statement of Purpose, Letters of recommendation, academic transcripts and submit an application to the university. You can find the list of universities on Uniguru that offer MBA and MS degrees. Here is a nice expert video on the topic MBA vs Masters and which is better.

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert
Shana Ajesh Shana Ajesh Member Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 7 Points: 90

If you are interested in MS getting admission for Ms with suitable specialization is some what possibel for your profile.But for MBA and that too in good Universities GMAT is needed.

Or else you can prefer Australia option where you will get admission for MBA and MS without much effort.

Tina Kapoor profile image Tina Kapoor Member Join date: Dec, 2014 Posts: 4 Points: 40

I have just completed my Bachelors in marketing and I would now like to apply for MBA. I know that most of the colleges accept students only with work experience but I am very eager in completing my MBA at this stage as after a few years my parents would force me to get married and might not be able to complete my MBA. If I finish my MBA before getting married it would help me become independent in the future. Are there any colleges abroad which provides MBA program to students with no work experience?

Divya Mehta profile image Divya Mehta Member Join date: Dec, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

I think you have made a very wise decision and I strongly believe that women should be independent. There are many colleges in Dubai and USA which offer MBA courses to freshers. Unfortunately I am not aware of any specific colleges.

Sahil Patel profile image Sahil Patel Member Join date: Dec, 2014 Posts: 3 Points: 30

Hey! As far as I know NUS, Nanyang and S P Jain School of global management offer MBA programs to freshers.

Add a quick reply to 'Guidance for MBA or MS'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.