One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Hello, I am Sneha from India. I want to take an admission in USA for MBA or Masters in Information technology. Need Help. Thank You.
Sneha Hire profile image Sneha Hire Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hello, I am Sneha from India. I want to take an admission in USA for MBA or Masters in Information technology. I want to know what all documents I'll need. I have completed 12 + 3 course in computers. Need to know the verification process of USA colleges. I mean how exactly they verify if your score cards are genuine?
  • April 11, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Ramesh Rangachari Ramesh Rangachari Contributor Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 30 Points: 445 Trusted Advisor

Dear Sneha

Most of the institutions in USA look for 16 years of formal education before getting in to the Masters program.  There are a few exceptions like Oklahoma City University where they have a Pre-MBA program and the duration is for 1.5 years and then MBA which will be for 1 year.  For other Instiutions it is better to take the bridge course before getting in to MBA.  Masters program in IT would be a better option, since you do not have ample work experience to get in to good MBA Schools in USA.

Ramesh Rangachari | Education Overseas Academy
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Yes, USA Universities accept 15 years of education for MBA or for MS-IT programs. I need to specify here that each USA University is independent and has right to decide on the length of the program, course curriculum, tuition price, and other facilities that it plans to offer. Hence each USA University is unique and independent research has to be done to know which university fits your profile and is ready to accept your 15 years of education. In general USA University accept 16 years of education for all programs.

Here are few more USA University which accept 15 years of education for MBA program (Please check each University before applying).

1. Darthmouth University, Tuck School of Business

2. Clarkson University 

3. Northwestern University, Kellog School of Management

4. Post University 

5. Duke University, Fuqua School of Business 

6. MIT, Sloan School of Management

7. UPENN, Wharton School of Business

There are good number of USA Universities now that accept 15 years of education and prospective student need to do independent research before applying. There are many more which offer Bridge programs like Pre-MBA for international students which have 15 years of education. GMAT will be required in most good B-Schools and TOEFL/IELTS will be required for all non native English speaking students. 

Regarding your last query on how does university find out if your score card is genuine? Well, every University has a system in place and in USA, you will find university will ask you to send signed and sealed transcripts and even require recommendation letters in sealed and signed envelope. Now, most good universities demand online recommendation letter for admission purpose. Besides they check the website of your local college to know the affiliation it has and to check the credibility. Further, they may ask for external evaluation and contact your local college too. Hence, it is advisable for each prospective student to apply with genuine documents only.

Regards,

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Hello'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.