One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
help me to select the best b-school among the three
Srikrishnan Viswanathan Srikrishnan Viswanathan Member Join date: Jan, 2013 Posts: 6 Points: 0
i have made up my mind to do MBA in singapore. After my research of b-schools in Singapore based on my financial background, work exp im left with the options below. 1) Auston Institute of Management(MBA-IB,Coventry University) 2)EASB(heriot-watt university,MBA) i still have some doubts 1) At Auston , the course fee is S$21K for Coventry MBA 2) At EASB,the course fee is S$27K for Heriot-watt university MBA this vast difference in fee structure is confusing me a lot. Is it becoz Auston is not that much reputed when compared to EASB or the same with the Universities awarding the degree. Will my job opportunities be affected by the standard of the institution and the university awarding the degree? And can i apply to b-schools with 1.8 yrs of exp even though they ask for 2 yrs???? Kindly clarify the doubts !!!
  • January 17, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: Singapore

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, With my expereince of handling students for Singapore for the last 15 years, I can tell you that Both these B - Schools are quite average, though EASB is definitely better rated than Auston in Singapore and has better infrastructure than Auston. Job opportunites are based on several factors and reputation of the schools is one of the factors. 

If you want better rated schools, you can look for SIM, which offers a couple of Master's courses in Management, James Cook University offer a MBA, PSB Academcy offers the MBA from University of New Castle, Curtin University offers a Masters program in Management, MDIS also offers a few good Management courses. You can weigh all these options and look for a good course which will suit you. The above mentioned Universities or Institutions are better rated that the ones you had enquired.  

Ultimately, jobs are purely dependent on Individual's skills, job market and strength of the economy apart from a few other factors like World economy, political factors, etc. 

All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'help me to select the best b-school among the three'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.