One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Hi, Good Morning
Uday Kancherla profile image Uday Kancherla Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 3 Points: 0
Thanks for responding, since my sister has completed M.tech in textiles, she doesn't have any experience as of now. However can't she pursue direct PhD in Malaysia? I enquired in University Malaysia Sarawak. They responded me via email. Could you please tell me whether it is good university? May I know whether the area where university is located in safe place or not? Regards, Uday
  • July 18, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Malaysia

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, University Malaysia Sarawak is a good University and Publicly funded. I have been to Sarawak a few times and I can promise you that it is a very safe place to live for a young Indian. In fact Sarawak is very prosperous and is located not far from Brunei and holds lots of potential for Indian students to find employment. Sarawak also is not far from Singapore where there are plenty of employment opportunites for Textile students. Sarawak is also not a expensive state and cost of living is not as high as Kuala Lumpur or Singapore. 

Wish you all the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi Uday, Thanks for visiting Uniguru. Recently, UNIMAS (University Malaysia Sarawak) has been ranked at 191st in Asian University Rankings 2011 by QS World University Rankings. University Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) is the eighth public university in Malaysia. You can also read the faqs about the University.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'Hi'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.