One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Higher Studies in Ocean Engineering
Rahul Banerjee Rahul Banerjee Member Join date: Jan, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hello. I am a student of Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture from a Central University and in the third year of my studies. I am highly interested in pursuing a Masters degree from abroad. I have shortlisted some universities based on my areas of interest. Some of the them are 1. Texas A and M university (Offshore engg) 2. University of Texas at Austin (offshore engg) 3. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor (Naval Architecture) 4. University of Newcastle, UK (Offshore engg) 5. University of Strathclyde ((Offshore engg) 6. TU Delft, Netherlands (offshore engg my specific questions are 1. What are the relative chances of receiving tuition fee waivers (preferably full) from the above universities (Important) 2. A Masters in UK in this area is of 1 year duration as compared to 2 years in other countries. Does this have any negative implication (relatively)? some of my academic details are overall GPA of 9.2/10, a certficate in social work, extracurricular prizes
  • March 08, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Scholarship is Merit based for international students and will further depend on the funding availability with the foreign university. Normally USA universities are more known for scholarship (fully or partial) compared to UK universities. UK 1 year program is accepted internationally.

You need to check by sending email to respective foreign university or apply to these universities with complete application set and documents required to know scholarship chances. You further need to take care of the scholarship deadlines wherever applicable. Regards, Richard Lasrado

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi Rahul,

You can visit Newcastle University at Uniguru, and click the Get free info button and send an email regarding your query to the university directly.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'Higher Studies in Ocean Engineering'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.