One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas educationEnroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countriesUse our interactive tools to discover the right course and Uni in which to studyGet FREE training from our experts to crack IELTS & TOEFL. Register now Call us free on 1 800 103 2581
Admissions open for Spring - 2017
Applications to Universities abroad for the Spring 2017 intake are still open. Get free guidance now!
Hello. I am a student of Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture from a Central University and in the third year of my studies. I am highly interested in pursuing a Masters degree from abroad. I have shortlisted some universities based on my areas of interest. Some of the them are
1. Texas A and M university (Offshore engg)
2. University of Texas at Austin (offshore engg)
3. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor (Naval Architecture)
4. University of Newcastle, UK (Offshore engg)
5. University of Strathclyde ((Offshore engg)
6. TU Delft, Netherlands (offshore engg
my specific questions are
1. What are the relative chances of receiving tuition fee waivers (preferably full) from the above universities (Important)
2. A Masters in UK in this area is of 1 year duration as compared to 2 years in other countries. Does this have any negative implication (relatively)?
some of my academic details are
overall GPA of 9.2/10, a certficate in social work, extracurricular prizes
March 08, 2012
Preferred qualification: Postgraduate
Preferred study destination: United States
Richard LasradoExpertJoin date:Mar, 2012Posts:344Points:5001Trusted Advisor
Scholarship is Merit based for international students and will further depend on the funding availability with the foreign university. Normally USA universities are more known for scholarship (fully or partial) compared to UK universities. UK 1 year program is accepted internationally.
You need to check by sending email to respective foreign university or apply to these universities with complete application set and documents required to know scholarship chances. You further need to take care of the scholarship deadlines wherever applicable. Regards, Richard Lasrado
| Education Abroad Counselling Centre