One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Higher studies OR Job
Nandhakumar Gr Nandhakumar Gr Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 7 Points: 0
RIght now I am working in a MNC with good package.. i have a strong desire to study master degree in full time... but i am confused , is it a wise decision to quit job for education?
  • January 21, 2013

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, If is a very difficult decision to quit a good job and pursue higher studies. Analyse your present position and see if you are getting stagnated in your job. Ask yourself if you still have the fire to pursue Higher Studies. Ask your friends who have gone abroad about the scope for someone like you. 

But I meet every day several students and 8 out of 10 have good jobs but have a dying desire to pursue higher studies or they are fed up with their present job. Some of them are doing jobs not related to their education and wanted to pursue Higher studies in their core areas. 

Some have bigger ambitions of making to the Top management and break jobs to seek MBA's abroad. 

My advice will be to seek a Country which is quite easy on foreign students and still gives jobs visas like US, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, etc where there are ample jobs and PR opportunities for Indian students. Seek the right program and the right University which matches your profile and then take a call. A good and Experienced Education Advisor will be of great help to you in advising you about options abroad. 

All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Higher studies OR Job'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.