One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
How can I get information on the research interest of a professor in a particular university?
Shreya Sahasrabudhe profile image Shreya Sahasrabudhe Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am planning to mail the professor after understanding their area of interest to ask them if they are going to take students this year. How can I get the information about the same in the USA.
  • May 03, 2012

Replies (1)

Ramesh Rangachari Ramesh Rangachari Contributor Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 30 Points: 445 Trusted Advisor

Hi

First decide on the area of interest you want to specialize and then look for professors who have a good research profile in that particular area.  Create a good research proposal from your end and explain in depth about the field of study you are interested in and mail concerned professors of your interest.  Once they respond,  send a detailed resume outlining your academic and research experience. Fulfill the requirements of the University like GRE, TOEFL etc and then go ahead and apply.

All the best

Ramesh Rangachari | Education Overseas Academy

Add a quick reply to 'How can I get information on the research interest of a professor in a particular university?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.