One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
How do I convert my indian GPA to a 4.0 scale?
Nadia Prabhu profile image Nadia Prabhu Member Join date: Feb, 2009 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have a 7.46 CGPA. Can I apply to university which ask for a min of 3.0 on 4.0 scale? Will my SOP and extracurricular and projects help support my application?
  • September 08, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, There is no easy ways to convert Percentages of CGPA to the US system. You can use one of the Credit Evaluation firms in USA to do the conversion. You can either Use WES or ECE to do the credit evaluation. Many US Universities use WES to convert and assess your marks scored in India. Use the following website to know more.  www.wes.org. India. The process of evaluation might take 2 to 4 weeks. But in general, a 7.0 plus is considered to be above 3.0  on 4.0 scale. 

Your SOP, extracurricular activities and Projects along with any Paper presentations, etc will help your admissions. Sometime Excellence in sports can also be added to strengten your application. Apply early ( before december) for the next fall to stand a better chance of admissions. 

All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'How do I convert my indian GPA to a 4.0 scale?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.