One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
how do i go about pursuing a MS in USA after a 3 year undergraduate B.SC mathematics in India?
Nivee Kiwi profile image Nivee Kiwi Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 5 Points: 0
I would like to know what should i do further inorder to pursue a MS in US after a 3year undergraduate degree in Bsc mathematics.Thank you.
  • December 27, 2013

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10665 Trusted Advisor

A lot of schools do accept applications from candidates having 15 years of education. While evaluating applications, the admissions committee looks at you as a complete package rather than focusing on just 1 single aspect, so if the rest of your application is strong, you may still have a shot at the top schools. A few candidates, in order to match their academic credentials will go to the extent of completing another year in a post-graduate program only for the sake of putting it on the application and satisfying the admission requirements listed on the university website. Instead of that you can fix the issue in a better approach and spend the useful time focusing on the bigger picture like GRE or GMAT /TOEFL /IELTS based on university requirement so that your application becomes impressive. The number of years of education is just a qualifying criteria and if the university mentions on its website that a three years undergraduate course is acceptable (and many do), there’s no need to worry about this aspect any more.

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'how do i go about pursuing a MS in USA after a 3 year undergraduate B.SC mathematics in India?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.