One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
How good to do Msc in petroleum from university of Petronas (UOP)??
Prem Bind profile image Prem Bind Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
Sir, I did my Mechanical Engineering in 2008, working in O&G sector for 4+ years. I want to go for higher studies in Msc for Petroleum Engineering in 2013. On the same I did not found any relevant information about the nature and opportunity in PE after completing my degree (JOB prospectus point of view for EXPATRIATES)? And how is this college rank in field of petroleum sector when it compares with University of Alberta, Calgary & Adelaide for the same program? Please provide a relevant information so, that I can make up my mind to decide my career.
  • August 28, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Malaysia

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, University of Petronas is part of the firm Petronas, one of the largest Oil firms in Asia and the National Oil firm of Malaysia. The University has the backing of its parent Petronas and so should be a good University to pursue Oil and Gas. But I would rate University of Adelaide and Alberta better than University of Petronas. Australia and Canada provides better career opportunities compared to Malaysia when it comes to Mining or Oil & Gas industry. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'How good to do Msc in petroleum from university of Petronas (UOP)??'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.