One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
How to apply for Civil Engineering in the universities of U.K.?
Sarthak Das profile image Sarthak Das Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am an Indian student and have passed my 12th board with 67% marks with English Mathematics physics chemistry and biology as subjects. How do I apply for the Civil engineering in the universities of U.K.?
  • April 19, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (2)

Nanthini Jp Nanthini Jp Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 78 Points: 1085 Trusted Advisor

Hi Sarthak, first you need to choose the universities minimum number of 5. you have many diversion for civil engineering - architecture, construction, civil, interior, landscape, etc... You can choose your specialization from your bachelors itself. You can apply through UCAS  in which you can upload your documents (10th & 12th marksheet, IELTS score, passport, 2 reference letter, statement of purpose & resume).

Best wishes

Nanthini Jp | Peterkins Educational Solution Pvt. Ltd.
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi To Apply to BEng program in UK or any other Bachelors course in UK, you need to apply through UCAS, a centralised admission system where you can apply up to 5 Universities in UK. The deadline is the last week of June and so you should plan to put in an application. 

Some of the Universities also have a Direct Admission procedure and you should consult a Education Advisor for assistance or meet the UK University representatives when they come to your city. 

Civil Engg is a very popular course in UK and most good Technical Universities offers a 3 year BEng or a 4 year MEng programs. The cost varies from University to University but generally ranges between 9,000 to 14,000 pounds. Prepare to write IELTS and look at a score of atleast 6.0 and above. Also prepare for a Statement of Purpose and Recomendation letters from 2 teachers. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'How to apply for Civil Engineering in the universities of U.K.?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.