One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
How to apply for scholarship , visas
Danish Khatri profile image Danish Khatri Member Join date: Jan, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I want to apply to a university but i want scholarship so can you tell me how to do it as well as how to apply for visas
  • January 25, 2014
  • Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (2)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

Some Universities will have separate application for scholarships; you need to check on the university website. Apply for early deadline for your application to be considered for scholarship. The scholarship depends upon your previous academic result and also after entering the university, depending on your academic performance in the 1st term you will get the fee waiver or scholarship from the 2nd term onwards. The University admission team will have their own eligibility criteria and the student has to fulfill it, then you shall be eligible for the same. Universities will offer on campus jobs like TA (teaching Assistantships) or RA (research assistantships), to be eligible you need to have good academics and good command over English. 

Upon receiving i20 or CAS letter, you need to work on financial documents and apply for visa. You need to complete an online application at vfs.org  to book your visa date. 

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert
Annie Smith profile image Annie Smith Member Join date: Jun, 2015 Posts: 4 Points: 40

Scholarship deadlines are often many months before the start of the course. In general, you need to apply for a course at the university before you can apply for the scholarships.

To begin your search, follow these steps:

Search the Study London course database for your preferred subject, and save your results

When you have a few courses in your shortlist, check the profiles of your selected universities to find out more details

Contact your preferred universities to ask about their scholarship options and requirements, or visit the university websites.

You can also seacrch it from here:--http://stunited.org/page/scholarship-search

Add a quick reply to 'How to apply for scholarship '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.