One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
How to do a PhD in Singapore while maintaning my job in my current research institute
Seow Hui Wong profile image Seow Hui Wong Member Join date: Nov, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am a Master graduate from University of Sheffield (Molecular medicine specialized in experimental pathway) and currently working at Mechanobiology institute in national university of singapore. However i would like to pursue a PhD programe from Monash Uni but I would like to do my research (full-time) in Singapore. May I know is this possible for me to be admitted into Monash Uni PhD programe but doing the research in my current institute? Also may i know is the a stippend given month with the PhD programe? Thanks and I am looking forward to your reply.
  • November 05, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: Singapore

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

The Monash PhD is one of Australia's first PhDs with career enhancement built into the doctorate. It's a PhD that will help you prepare for your career beyond your degree. I'm not sure if it is possible to actually work in one institute and do research in another institute. You can email Monash University at migr@monash.edu or call their office Monday to Thursday 10am – 5pm. Friday 10.30am – 5pm at +61 3 9905 3009 to inquire the best possible options. 

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'How to do a PhD in Singapore while maintaning my job in my current research institute'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.