One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
How to get admission in Phd - Electronics and Comm Engg?
Vidhi Sharma Vidhi Sharma Member Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hello sir/madam, I am B.tech, M.tech from India ( state level technical universities) right now i am in santa clara , california i want to do phd in electronics and communication. plz give me advice what to do further. regards vidhi
  • March 15, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor
Hello Vidhi, Firstly, you need to visit individual university website of USA to understand what type of PhD programs available. As not all universities offer PhD program and the ones that offer may not have your area of research. Secondly, you could do pre-application with the research professor contact details available on the website to understand whether you meet their requirement OR you need to know the same if available on the university website. Thirdly, you need to meet their admission requirements and deadlines (if any). It is always better if you have previous research experience and/or thesis publication in international journals, and/or related work experience for PhD admission. This is because PhD has limited seats and normally it is fully funded (full tuition waiver plus assistantship) hence admission is difficult unlike MS programs. Please remember to correspond with your research professor as he/she wish to know if you have the required skills to be part of research and take instructions from your research guide, etc. Thank you. Regards, Richard Lasrado
Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'How to get admission in Phd - Electronics and Comm Engg?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.