One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
How to get funding and scholarships?
Vishnu Muralidharan profile image Vishnu Muralidharan Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 5 Points: 10
I am a student of electronics and communication engineering have finished my second year. People tell me that it is difficult to get funding, scholarships and full graduate assistant-ships in U.S universities. Is it really so? If so, what do I do to ensure that I get these types of funding? My preferred universities will be University of Massachusetts-Amherst, North Carolina State University-Raleigh and Arizona State University-Phoenix.
  • May 29, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi, the Scholarships and the financial aid-fee waivers that are awarded to International Students are merit / need based in USA. You must have a strong academic background, good performance on standardized exams & extracurricular achievements to be eligible for scholarship awards or any financial assistance. The presentation of the application to the university is very important, and send all the required documents by particular deadlines. For University of Massachusetts-Amherst you file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) you will be considered for more than 100 endowed and corporate-sponsored scholarships, and there are individual scholarships also available for the students. There are scholarships available in Arizona State University –Phoenix, but you have to enroll for the scholarships, by filling the form. You have to start apply early, and apply often, if you miss a deadline then your application will go missing.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'How to get funding and scholarships?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.