One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
How to go for higher studies in USA
Jency Jose Jency Jose Member Join date: Jun, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 1
I am doing my b-tech in computer science and engineering. I have just finished my 2nd year. I want to study in USA for my higher studies and I want to know what all I should do. How would I get a scholarship?? How would I know which university is best?? How will get admission there?? How to apply for student visa?? Seriously I don't know anything about it. Can u please clear all my doubts??
  • June 12, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 601 Points: 9315

Hi Jency, its good to see that you are taking steps on study abroad process from your 2nd year itself... I suggest you to first go through the study guide on "Study in USA" and watch our expert's tips for 'Study in USA' which will provide you a clear picture on study in USA process including scholarships and visa.. And recommend you to review the Universities by downloading their prospectuses.

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi jency , If you want to do MS in Computer Science in USA  start preparing for GRE exams when you are in the 3rd year. If you want to get in to good Universities, look for a score of 300 plus and if you are looking for scholarships aim at 320 plus. Also make sure you maintain a good first class degree and try and avoid failures in your UG. If you are lookig for schoalrships, try and score 8.0 or 80% in in UG. Also prepare for TOEFL and in general the minimum reuqirement is about 80 plus out of a total of 120. 

For admissions in good Universities start applying when you are in your 7th semester or 1 year before the start of the course in USA. Most Universities will take 3 to 4 months to confirm your admission. You can apply for visa once you get your provicinal degree  and you are allowed to file for visa 120 days before the start of the program. In USA, there are 3 intakes, Fall, Spring and Summer. Apply for the appropriate season well in advance. You can use Uniguru's online application service (Uniform) to apply to the Universities..

All the best

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'How to go for higher studies in USA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.