One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
How to get Scholarships?
Abir Sadad profile image Abir Sadad Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hello, I am a student of Bangladesh. I finished my H.S.C. and now I am studying at NORTH SOUTH UNIVERSITY in Bangladesh. I want to go to Australia for undergraduate degree. So what requirements shall I need to get a scholarship in a good and renowned university of Australia? My financial condition is not that much good.
  • April 06, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Australia is, undoubtedly, the perfect place to enjoy a quality education and outstanding quality of life. A Bachelors degree will cost you A$14,000 to 35,000 a year. An undergraduate degree course usually consists of three years of study, at the end of which you'll receive either a bachelor degree or a diploma.        

Australia generally has two intakes i.e. February and July, with few Universities offering multiple intake in September & November. It is suggested that you should start making applications ideally 7-8 months prior to the intake. University generally takes around 4-6 weeks to process the applications.
Documents needed
Documents needed for making an application are resume, statment of purpose, marksheets and passing certificates from 10th onwards, two reference letters from colleges / employers and passport copy or birth certificate & IELTS score sheet.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
Undergraduate - Bachelors
A good academic record in High School Certificate or 12 years of schooling
Some courses such as Computing and Engineering will require Mathematics and /or Science as pre-requisites

The Australian government and other organizations offer a variety of scholarships that enable foreign students to study in Australia. These scholarships range from undergraduate to postgraduate and also apply to a range of vocational education and training. Students from developing countries are able to enrol into these study programs by facilitating the payments through a scholarship. Some of the scholarships are offered by the educational institutions themselves, while others are offered by various state, corporate or non-profit organizations. Applications for these scholarships are generally made available in the respective organization’s website to download or can be acquired as a hard copy from the Australian Embassy, Study Counselling section.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'How to get Scholarships?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.