One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
How to prepare for AWA?
Jaskirat Kaur Jaskirat Kaur Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

I am good in quants but I am bad at writing.How can i improve my AWA?i plan to write GRE in the month of April-May

• February 21, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Subhashini Vithyapathy Subhashini Vithyapathy Expert Join date: Sep, 2013 Posts: 75 Points: 1185

Few tips to improve your AWA, first you should analyze the Issue task, where you need to evaluate the issue, keeping in mind complexities of topic, and produce an argument that includes reasons and examples supporting your views.  To analyze it requires you to evaluate a given argument according to specific instructions. You need to focus on the logical soundness of your arguments. However, it is important for essays to present ideas and arguments clearly and persuasively. Excellent writing skills are an important aspect for both essays.

It is important to know certain conventions to score decent in AWA essay like try to avoid Repetition, concentrate on Grammer and spelling, Transition words are must like ‘However’, ‘Nevertheless’, ‘consequently, firstly, secondly, etc. Keep a short and good intro and conclusion, clarity on your points. Try to spend lot of time editing your practice essays and constantly read sample essays. Be creative and organized. All the Best!!

Add a quick reply to 'How to prepare for AWA?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.