One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
How to write Research Proposal for ME?
Anup Dhakal profile image Anup Dhakal Member Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I want to apply for ME so how to write ME research proposal
  • September 04, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

A research proposal has three main points:
1) Explanation of proposed research (what will be done)
2) Methods and techniques to be employed (how it will be done)
3) Novelty and/or importance of the study (why it should be done)
Research proposals may vary in length, so it is important to check with the department(s) to which you are applying to check word limits and guidelines. Generally speaking, a proposal should be around 3,000 words which you write as part of the application process.
Your research proposal should have the following.
Title page -  should have the name of the proposed research, candidate, supervisor (if known) and the department or school to which it will be submitted.
Research Title -  The proposed research title should be clear with summarized the details.
Introduction:  - A proposal starts with the introduction of research problem and some background information.
Rationale or research questions -  You should give reasons for why this research is significant. Also put forward some questions which will be addressed in the proposed research.
Literature Review - A literature review summarizes the nature of studies which have been already done in the field of proposed research. I t should have gaps and arguments in the existing research that support the need of the proposed research, and how the proposed research will fill those gaps.
Aims and Objective - Aim and objectives will highlight what will be the outcome of the proposed research.
Methodology -  State  the details of how you will carry out the proposed research. You should provide information on data required, process of data collection, various possible data sources, data analysis, methods and techniques to be applied and research presentation.
Ethical Considerations - If the research involves questionnaire or interviews with human beings, then international universities require an ethical approval prior to the beginning of the research. Student needs to mention that ethical approval will be taken prior to the beginning of the field research involving human beings.
Budget - A few research proposals also require budget information. Budget information include the amount of total expected cost both direct and indirect, cost of any equipment required, cost of field study, accommodation and conference participation etc.
Timeline - most PhDs take three or more years, but this section contains detailed time table for the project, such as, time spent on literature review, primary and secondary data collection, data analysis, writing and presentation.
Conclusion - Some research proposals also contain a section titled as conclusion which restate the significance of the proposed research in the theoretical and practical world.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'How to write Research Proposal for ME?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.