One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
I am a fresher from Electrical Engineering background. Need to apply to MS in CS or MEM.
Nishant Mendiratta profile image Nishant Mendiratta Member Join date: Nov, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am fresher from EE background and need to apply to CS/MEM in USA fot Fall 2014. Is it possible for me to get into CS with no professional background. Suggest me some universities in which i should look for. I am very much confused. MY GRE is 309[V147, Q162, AWA 3]. Accads=58% I shortlisted some universities UTD, Oklahoma, ASU, IIT, UIC, SJSU, RIT, Cinncinati, USC, SYracuse Please suggest me some more schools which are possible for my profile Is MEM a good course.?
  • November 01, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

Your interest towards Masters in Computer Science is appreciated. But there are chances of the university to consider your application as irrelevant course selection and also there are chances of your visa getting rejected. Hence, I would suggest you to apply for Masters in the same field or go for your choice towards MEM (Masters in Engineering Management). Your GRE score can enhance your profile. You have to choose the university that matches best to your academic profile and financial budget. You have to then work on documents such as academic transcripts, Statement of purpose, Letters of Recommendation and financial documents. You may also have to take IELTS/TOEFL. You can find the list of universities on Uniguru that offers Masters in Engineering Management

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'I am a fresher from Electrical Engineering background. Need to apply to MS in CS or MEM.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.