One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
I had a 5year gap and applied for a student visa
Nived Sawant profile image Nived Sawant Member Join date: Feb, 2016 Posts: 2 Points: 10

I was initially doing a diploma in electronics , initially being cleared the sem one I was sure I would be able to complete the course but due to bad influence got carried away and hence got drop years , I left that in 2013 and took a year gap again to figure things out , then joined a course of 1 year in IT a regional inst.then did a certification course in IT Microsoft (MCSA) now I have applied for a student visa giving the same justification given below , I just want to ask if there are chances of approval or no ?

I got a offer letter from unitec (new Zealand) for certificate course leading to a bachelors degree ! Decent help would be appreciated . thank you ! 

• February 18, 2016
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: New Zealand

Replies (3)

Poonam Rani Poonam Rani Contributor Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 31 Points: 445 Trusted Advisor

Hi Nived,

Greetings of the day!

As you have already recieved offer letter from Unitec and have filed your visa with explaination about your profile too. Now, this is the sole discretion of your visa officer regarding the grant of the visa.

I  wish you best of luck for the visa result.

For any further query, you can contact me on poonam.rani@hotcourses.co.in and 011-49196904.

Thanks & Regards

Poonam Rani

Poonam Rani | Hotcourses India Pvt. Ltd.
Nived Sawant profile image Nived Sawant Member Join date: Feb, 2016 Posts: 2 Points: 10

But do they keep thr honesty* factor in account and consider ? Or will my image get more worse than what was earlier in the eyes of VO

Poonam Rani Poonam Rani Contributor Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 31 Points: 445 Trusted Advisor

Hi Nived,

It's really depends upon the visa officer, but usually they have a holistic approach towards every application.

Thanks & Regards

Poonam Rani

Poonam Rani | Hotcourses India Pvt. Ltd.

Add a quick reply to 'I had a 5year gap and applied for a student visa '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.