One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
I have completed M.Sc from Guru Ghasidas University, India with 70.08 want to do PhD with scholarship abroad. Where can I apply?
Arpan Singha Arpan Singha Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have completed M.Sc in Microbiology from Guru Ghasidas University, India in 2011. I have got 70.08% marks. I want to do PhD abroad. I don't have very sound economical background, so I need to get scholarship. What exams should I appear in and which universities are likely to give me opportunities for this?
  • April 25, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (2)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required to study graduation or a Ph. D degree from the U.S., Canada or UK. A lot of Universities offer scholarships for international students. Scholarships grant depends Universities requirements on the academic performance and merit of the student. There are many universities in abroad which offer PhD. Microbiology courses.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hi,

If you take GRE and score well than there is good chance of you being accepted for MS or for PhD in areas like Microbiology/Cell Biology/Immunology/etc with full scholarship in some USA University. The admission for PhD is difficult and you would probably have to apply to 8 to 10 universities for some admission chance. MS admission would be easier but full scholarship will be difficult.

Regards,

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'I have completed M.Sc from Guru Ghasidas University'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.