One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
I have done B.tech and now wish to go to USA or any country in search of job.
Samala Venkatesh Samala Venkatesh Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 11 Points: 0
I have done Electrical Engineering bachelors. I have no job since one year. I wish to go foreign and find job. What would be my choices and procedures to follow. In order to get work visa
  • July 10, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, If you wish to go to USA for Masters, you should write GRE and TOEFL ( or IELTS) and apply 6 to 10 months before the start dates. The major intake is September ( Fall Intake) and so please plan to write your GRE exams during the July to December period this year.  A good Academic background and a decent GRE ( 300 out of 340)  , TOEFL ( min 79)  will help you get admission in to a good University in USA. None of the Universities in USA will promise you a job or visa, but will guide you how to find work in USA ( through Career offices). 

For Electrical Engineers, you can choose Power Engineering, Renewable Energy, Electrical Engg, Control systems, etc. Electrical engineers can also move to MS Computer Science if you have an inclination towards Software. Wish you all the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'I have done B.tech and now wish to go to USA or any country in search of job.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.