One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
I have doubt
Uday Kancherla profile image Uday Kancherla Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 3 Points: 0
I would like to take admission in Malaysia university for Phd in textiles, could you please tell about fee structure for 3 years and what are the eligibility criteria and the process for how to start?
  • July 17, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Malaysia

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, to apply for PhD, you normally require a Textile related Bachelors plus Masters degree and a work experience for a while in the same line to be considered for admissions. Or you need a Bachelors degree with substantial work experience in a Textile related industry.

To start with you  need to make a good "Research Proposal" indicating which area you would like to do research. You also need to give clarity about why you need to research in that area, what finding you intend to find, Research Methodology, etc. Then you need to identify the Right Universities which offer your program, send emails to the professors in that University and seek their consent for research. After the professor gives the consent, they will also mention whether the PhD is funded or is it Self Funded . Then you can proceed with procedures for visa. It is an elaborate process and might take anywhere between 4 to 8 months. The duration of a general PhD is about 3 to 5 years and in general most PhD students gets opportunities to teach in the same University during their PhD and could be paid for the position as well. 

Try the following Public Universities in Malaysia for your programs, University of Malaya, University Technology Malaya, University Putra Malaya.  

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'I have doubt'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.