One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
I need some guidance regarding scholarship
Mahima Karol profile image Mahima Karol Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Dear sir/madam I am a student of the National Institute of Fashion Technology which is one of the best colleges in India when we talk about design. I am in the 7th semester now and I am looking forward to study a post graduation in abroad. I have the highest CGPA of 9.58/10 amongst the batch as well as all the other centers in the country .I wish to apply for a scholarship which will help me study further. How should I go about it?
  • August 05, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, My Hearty Congrats for maintaining a High CGPA. The scholarships from Universities in UK are quite limited. But nevertheless some of the Universities do offer scholarships. 

Try Kingston University, Middlesex University, Nottingham Trent University, etc for admissions and seek scholarships. Most Fashion related Masters will require a portfolio from you and so make a good one and apply well in advance. ( atleast 7 to 7 months before the start date which normally comes in September) . 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi, you have excellent marks, there are many courses available for Fashion Design in abroad. University of Southampton in the UK offers MA Design: Luxury Brand Management, Heriot-Watt University has  MSc Fashion and Textiles Management. University of Tasmania in Australia offers MFAD (Coursework) which is a (2 years) program. University of Georgia in the USA offers  M.S. - Textiles, Merchandising and Interiors;, Ph.D. - Textile Science. You have to do self search, and apply to the university and country of your choice. You can apply directly to the university; you must send your academic documents, letter of reference, and statement of purpose along with your application.  And scholarship depends upon the University grants. Each university has its own requirements and grants.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'I need some guidance regarding scholarship'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.