One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 4 posts
Which is the best country for its PHD studies
Vinod Kanumalla Vinod Kanumalla Member Join date: Aug, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Sir, i am a science graduate along with MBA in HRM, i am planning to do PHD, either from USA or any other good country, let me know which countries/universities are best to pursue.I have not scores a good a very good marks in GRE, but i have good marks in TOEFL.i would like to avail funding, to pursue my PHD. Kindly advice me with the education consultants who can help me in India to reach my goal.Also would like to ask that what is the scope of getting a job after completing PHD from an international college.
  • August 26, 2013

Replies (4)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Vinod,

Getting admission for PhD is difficult in USA. However, if accepted  your PhD is fully funded in all good USA Universities. There are some Indian students who send money home during PhD study.

The PhD program is quite demanding as it needs independent thinking, analyse, critical thinking, and ideas or issues to discuss on the subject area. Good writing skills is required during thesis writing and in general. 

Admission in PhD is based on the following parameters:

1. Related work experience in the area of your subject.

2. Good GRE or GMAT score may be applicable in some universties.

3. Strong SOP and reference letters.

In addition you need to meet admission requirement as per university application checklist.

I do not think you have sufficient work experience of minimum 2 to 5 years at managerial level. If you still wish to apply you will be asked to pay for the PhD in few universities and it will be expensive for you.

All the best!

Regards, Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Vinod,

Scope of PhD is that either you can join academics or work in the industry related to your major.

All the best!

Regards, Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Edward Barnes Edward Barnes Member Join date: Jun, 2013 Posts: 6 Points: 78 Trusted Advisor

The UK has good options for research. It all depends on your research proposal. Seek expert advice so that you pitch your proposal to the right academic at the right college with the right funding schedule. PHD proposals are a personal favourite of me and my colleagues. The UK recently has a number of exciting studentship opportunities in STEM research areas, so it's a good time to put forward your proposal. 

Edward Barnes | Very Educated ltd
Arjun Yadav profile image Arjun Yadav Member Join date: Sep, 2016 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Hello all,

I have Masters degree in Electrical power systems and i have few international publications also,now I am working in gulf and I am planning to pursue PhD, pls suggest a country  where i can get scollorship and guide me how to proceed to get the admission?, is my working experience and the publications are going to useful for getting an admission?

Thank you.

Add a quick reply to 'Which is the best country for its PHD studies'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.