One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
I want to do post graduation from USA. How and where should I apply?
Srushti Soni profile image Srushti Soni Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have done B.Com. from MSU, Baroda. I want to do post graduation from recognized university of USA. I want to know about place and process to apply. And can I get any scholarship?
  • May 07, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

I assume that your B.Com is a 12+3 years program or 15 years of education and accordingly you could find universities in USA which accept your profile. Most of the students apply for MBA with your profile as you need one degree which will make your qualification acceptable mostly for work in USA or India. The MBA program is of 2 years and low cost universities will be in the range of INR 10 lacs to 12 lacs per year all inclusive. For MBA you will have to take GMAT, TOEFL and prepare transcripts, letter of recommendation and financial documents which has to be sent along with application and application fee. Scholarship is possible and you need to apply early for scholarships in USA.

Alternatively, you could do post graduate diploma/certificate in Management or Leadership of 9months with OPT which qualify you for work. However, this is more suited for people who have good profile and have the necessary confidence to find job in USA based on their past profile. This may not suit you thou the cost of education is quite affordable. The cost of entire 9 month program in USA will be in the range of INR 7 lacs to 9 lacs with tuition, accommodation and living all inclusive. For diploma/certificate you will have to take TOEFL and have other sets of documents explained above. GMAT is not required for diploma/certificate programs. Scholarship is difficult for diploma/certificate programs.

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to ' I want to do post graduation from USA. How and where should I apply?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.