One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
UG and Masters degree to study Medicine in USA.
Malathy Jagadeeshan Malathy Jagadeeshan Member Join date: Jun, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I am doing my +2, I want to know what is the requirements to study Medicine in USA. Please give me the details for UG and Masters. Where I can decide what to do? should I go for UG MBBS or go for Masters . I want detailed answers. Thanks.
  • June 20, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 601 Points: 9310

Hi Malathy, you need to first understand the difference between the patterns of the medical degrees in America vs India. Actually, the post graduate degree in India (MD) is equivalent to the graduate degree in USA!

First you need to get the certification from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduate (ECFMG) by taking an exam..  And, yu need to complete the pre-requisite courses before applying to any medical school.. Each medical school have its own pre-requisites..

I recommend you to shortlist some Universities and go with their pre-requisites, find the list of Universities for Medicine in USA here..

Add a quick reply to 'UG and Masters degree to study Medicine in USA.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.